- Carry on with bulb planting. Remember many bulbs do just as well in pots.
- Plant Spring flowering plants such as polyanthus, primulas, pansies, poppies and forget-me-nots.
- Lift dahlias and begonias after frosts, cut back the tops and store in a cool dark place.
- Cut back by about 1/3 chrysanthemums as the flowers finish.
- Rake up leaves off paths and lawns.
- Pull out Summer annuals and dig over the ground to leave weed free over Winter.
- Spray roses with a copper spray to help stop disease carry over to next season.
Fruit & Vegetable Garden
- Plant green crops on bare ground to improve soil health.
- Start planting broad beans.
- Prepare ground for planting garlic and shallots.
- Clean up copper spray after fruit harvest on pip fruit trees for black spot.
- Put lime on bare soil if it has not had any for 3 years or so.
- Compost disease free plant material. Keep turning it and do not let it get too wet.
- Look out for good buys at the garden centres as many are now having their annual sales.
- Treat paths for moss and slime to keep them safe over Winter and to stop them from being slippery.
- Do not work on soil if it is too wet.
- Bring hoses in out of the weather so that they do not break down.
Please follow and like us: