The Canterbury Horticultural Society endeavours to partner and promote Horticultural groups throughout the Canterbury region. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer Horticultural organisations the use of The Kiosk, in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, for workshops, displays and demonstrations to promote your organisation to a wider audience.
The space is well equipped to present talks (seating capacity is 80 comfortably theatre style) and hold workshops/demonstrations. A large monitor at the back of The Kiosk is perfect for displaying digital content.
Opening hours for The Kiosk are 10am to 3pm in Winter and 10am to 4pm in Summer. It can be open longer if you choose. You will need to be present and available during this time if you have an event on, to answer questions and discuss your display with members of the public.
Charges - We charge a minimum rental to enable community groups affordable access.
$30 per hour or $170 for full day hire (prices include GST)
Horticultural and Community Group Shows
Free plus $200 bond (provided the Show is free to the public). If there is an entry fee the cost of Hiring will be same as Commercial Hire
A Liquor Licence is required if selling or providing liquor where a ticket has been purchased. This can be obtained from CCC no less than 20 days before the event. Applications available online from CCC.
If you are interested in using The Kiosk please contact email@example.com for further details
- 85 inch Sony flat screen monitor and laptop
- Internet and WIFI
- Trestle tables 1800 x 750mm (8 No) 1200 x 600mm (6) and display boards.
- Access for setting up can be the day before with pack out after 4pm or by arrangement.
- If you want the display to be up longer, arrangements can be made depending on the size of the display and other bookings in The kiosk
- Kitchen facilities – tea and coffee making
CHS can help to promote your event with the following:
- Facebook event (co-hosted with Christchurch Botanic Gardens)
- Digital screen (on display in The Kiosk)
- Digital screen (on display in the Botanic Gardens information centre)
- Newsletter listing (email and printed)
We also have some “exhibition now on” signage which we can use during your event.
Thursday to Sunday our Partners, Christchurch Envirohub and The Friends of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens have staff and volunteers in The Kiosk using part of the space and will need to be consulted prior to booking. There are about 1.5 million visitors to the Botanic Gardens each year.
The Kiosk is located at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens over the footbridge, Armagh Street car park. If you require further information, please let us know and we can arrange for a suitable time for you to come to view.
The CHS office is open at The Kiosk 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday - We look forward to hearing from you.
Canterbury Horticultural Society Inc.
Tel: 03 366 6937 | firstname.lastname@example.org