The Canterbury Horticultural Society endeavours to partner and promote likeminded organisations throughout the Canterbury region. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer like-minded organisations the use of The Kiosk, in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens, for workshops, displays and exhibits to promote your organisation to a wider audience.
The space is well equipped to present talks (as few or many as you like) and/or display material/content. Seating capacity is 80 comfortably theatre style.
Opening hours for The Kiosk are 10am to 3pm winter and 10 am to 4pm summer. It can be open longer if you choose. You will need to be present and available during this time if you have an exhibit, to answer questions and discuss your exhibit/display with members of the public.
We charge a minimum rental to enable community groups affordable access.
Horticultural and Community Groups
$25.00 for 2 hours and $15.00 per hour after that (totalling $100 per day Including GST)
Half Day $100.00 plus GST, Full Day $150.00 plus GST
Horticultural and Community Group Shows
Free plus $200.00 bond (provided the Show is free to the public). If there is an entry fee the cost of Hiring will be same as Commercial Hire
A Liquor Licence is required if selling or providing liquor where a ticket has been purchased. This can be obtained from CCC no less than 20 days before the event. Applications available online from CCC.
If you are interested in using The Kiosk please contact email@example.com for further details.
- 85 inch Sony flat screen monitor and laptop
- Internet and WIFI
- Trestle tables 1800 x 750mm (8 No) 1200 x 600mm (6) and display boards.
- Access for setting up can be the day before with pack out after 4pm or by arrangement.
- If you want the display to be up longer, arrangements can be made depending on the size of the display and other bookings in The kiosk
- Kitchen facilities – tea and coffee making
CHS can help to promote your event with the following:
- Facebook event (co-hosted with Christchurch Botanic Gardens)
- Digital screen (on display in The Kiosk)
- Digital screen (on display in the Botanic Gardens information centre)
- Newsletter listing (email and printed)
- We also have some “exhibition now on” signage which we can use during your event
Thursday to Sunday our Partners, Envirohub and Friends of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens Volunteers are in The Kiosk using part of the space and will need to be consulted prior to booking.
There are about 1.5 million visitors to the Botanic Gardens each year.
The Kiosk is located at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens over the foot bridge, Armagh Street carpark. If you require further information, please let me know and we can arrange for a suitable time for you to come to view. I am in The Kiosk 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Canterbury Horticultural Society Inc
Tel: (03) 366 6937 | firstname.lastname@example.org