- 125g butter
- 1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
Streusel Topping ingredients
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped nuts and/or seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm-21cm round cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs one by one while beating continuously. Mix together well.
- Sift the flour and baking soda and gradually fold the dry ingredients through the mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Stir in the rhubarb and spread mixture into the prepared cake tin.
To make the Streusel topping, combine the sugar, cinnamon, butter, nuts and/or seeds and sprinkle the topping over the cake.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Please follow and like us: