Canterbury Horticultural Society

About the CHS, Canterbury Horticultural Society

The Canterbury Horticultural Society began with the colonisation of Canterbury in the 1850’s. It was originally called the Christchurch Agricultural, Botanical and Horticultural Society. In 1861 the group split and the Horticultural arm became the Christchurch Horticultural Society. This changed its name in 1898 to become the Canterbury Horticultural Society, which today is the largest … Read More