The Art of the Indoor Plant
Evening class - Thursday 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th November, 7-9pm
Are you new to growing indoor plants?
This short evening course provides a general understanding of houseplant health and maintenance with the opportunity to learn more in depth techniques including terrariums and propagation.
- Explore different indoor plant species and their growing medium, light, temperature, water and feeding needs. Learn to identify common pests and diseases and how to combat them.
- Learn all about terrariums: possible containers, the tools required, suitable plants, moisture/drainage, soil and whether to seal or leave open. Then get your hands dirty and take home your own mini one to get you started.
- Addicted to indoor plants, but don't have the budget for more plant babies? Learn to propagate and extend your collection for free. From how to sow seeds correctly to taking cuttings, all will be revealed.
- Learn how to make a basic macramé hanger for a trailing plant.
- Now you have all your beautiful plants Jillian of Wild Botanic will provide you with styling advice and tips on how to showcase your collection.
Last day for purchase Friday 30 October
Light refreshments included
The classes are held in The KIOSK at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
(Just over the footbridge from the Armagh St carpark). Free parking is available for the duration.
Costs & Payment
$136 Members & Friends of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
$176 Combined Course & CHS Membership
Includes take home terrarium, macramé hanger and potted cuttings
Become a Member of the CHS and receive 15% off all our courses and workshops. Membership valid to December 2021
Or pay via Internet Banking
Canterbury Horticultural Society Inc. ANZ
BankAccount No: 06 0831 0006913 00
Please be sure to email the office after you have paid firstname.lastname@example.org